PianoWorld

PianoWorld
Pianoworld site and forums

Acoustic Soundboard

Acoustic Soundboard
Independent acoustic guitar forum

The Clarinet Pages

The Clarinet Pages
The foremost clarinet forum

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Comparing my guitars.

Was noodling away up the neck on my Tanglewood Discovery and I thought I'd try the same piece on all 3 guitars. It wasn't really do-able on my classical because the neck meets the body at the 12th fret. I could do it but it was a stretch. Much easier on my 2 steel strings here (Tanglewood Discovery/Fender DG5). I've long thought that the Fender, being a Dreadnought, is too big to play, but really it isnt! And tho the Discovery is smaller, with a shorter scale (called a Super Folk) the nut width and string spacing is the same.

Of the two, I still think that the Fender (now 14 years old) is the best guitar I've played!



No comments:

Post a Comment